What to Expect on Sunday Morning
As we approach God in worship, we are reminded of the grace and hope that we have received in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As those who have been so loved by God, we respond in gratitude by putting the good of others and the community ahead of our own as we work together to provide a safe worship environment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Prerequisites and Facility
We encourage everyone whose health permits to come to the service, but for those who cannot come, the service is also available via Livestream. Please stay at home and join via the Livestream if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or believe that you have been exposed to someone with the symptoms of Covid-19.
- Masks are required before, during, and after worship, covering both the mouth & nose.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance at all times between household groups.
- Windows remain open and large attic exhaust fans ensure a steady supply of fresh air.
- All pews and other surfaces in the sanctuary are sanitized following each service. Surfaces throughout the building are sanitized on a regular schedule related to the usage of the building.
- Our nursery is currently closed in order to prevent spreading of the virus, but there is a baby changing station in the ladies’ restroom.
- Please wait on the sidewalk until an usher seats you
- Bulletins will be provided — complete with the Scripture passages and Psalms for all worshipers, but feel free to bring your own Psalter or Bible if you wish. Bibles and Psalters have been removed from the pews.
- Once seated by an usher, please generally stay in your seat. If you need to move around remember to maintain social distancing.
- Please keep your mask on throughout the service — including while singing.
- The precentor and those leading in worship will remove their masks while leading. This is done to allow for clear communication and because they are a good distance from others.
- An offering will not be collected during the service, but offering plates are at the rear of the sanctuary in the foyer.
- At the conclusion of the service, please stay in your seat until an usher dismisses your pew.
- Please proceed directly down the steps to the sidewalk.
- Due to the limited sidewalk space and the difficulty of maintaining physical distance, please continue to wear your mask while we visit.
- Please consider walking away from the entrance area on the sidewalk to allow room for others as they exit the building. There is also a green space towards the back of the building on 5th Avenue that you can feel free to use to visit.
- Preferred restrooms (including a handicapped restroom) are available in the education wing, accessed through the door at the right front of the sanctuary. A changing table will be found in the ladies’ room. A secondary restroom can be found at the bottom of the stairs that are located at the left front of the sanctuary.
- Please stay out of the rest of the building. Children should remain with their parents and an adult should accompany children to the restrooms.